Monday, April 7, 2008

9 Weeks, aka. 7 Weeks

Well gang, what we thought would be 9 weeks tomorrow actually turns out to be only 7. We had our first sonogram today which revealed the little bean in all of its splendor. And, according to the great big magic machine that knows everything about babies in the history of the world, it predicts 7 weeks. My prediction is that it is in fact 9 and its just saving all its energy up so in can start growing as big as its dad as soon as its born. But that's my amateur opinion, no match for the machine.

Nonetheless, it has a heartbeat which the doctor said was strong and easy to find (which we got to see/hear and was approximately 156 bpm). I would say that's fairly strong as my heartbeat only gets that high after sprinting for an hour (again supporting the theory that this kid is preparing for massive growth and will be well over 7 feet tall).

All in all the visit was surprisingly short and all felt fairly routine (to the doctor at least). There's nothing quite routine about hearing your first born child for the very first time. I'm still in a small state of disbelief that I actually saw it today, I guess it's becoming more and more real by the visit.

House hunting still plugs away at the normal pace. Analysts on Bloomberg radio assure the country that housing prices will "continue in a downward trend" until the election or after. So we're waiting until after the summer, but we have certainly found a number of areas that we like.

Enjoy the pictures, I tried to shoot a video of the heartbeat but this doctor moves fast. I barely had time to look at my little creation, let alone video record it. I guess that's par for the course for the next 20 years. Take care everyone...

P.S. - We can all stop wondering...it's not twins.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an exciting day! Thank you for the picture of our first granddaughter (hehe)!

Love you, Mimi

Anonymous said...

Boy.. Glasses and a bean. What more could you ask for? Great to hear all is going well. We're proud of both of you. You'll make great parents.


Love you guys,
Papa

Anonymous said...

We need an update!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Aunt Brandy!!!! We need an update. Just pictures would be great!