Monday, June 16, 2008

Ridiculous Commercials

Random thought: I'm no business genius but common sense would tell me that if I'm going to spend my hard earned company money on a national television advertising campaign I would make sure my commercial is effective...meaning not annoying. How do so many excruciating commercials make it through the entire production process without someone looking up and saying "Wait a minute, doesn't this commercial suck?" But I digress...

This past week has been filled with much stress, and much relief. But first, the baby. Lindsay is in her 17th week of pregnancy. Most of our evenings are now filled with her telling me every detail of her changing physique. And, in the most exciting news, I believe we have both settled on a name! Please say hello to Abigail Hannah McKinney. Enjoy the picture (if you look closely you will notice that mommy got a haircut this week).

The job front has taken many turns this past week. It appeared as if every last opportunity was drying up right before my eyes, and I was destined to make my way back to my home base. Then, at the very last minute...a phone call. This was a great phone call, for on the other end a kind voice offered me the opportunity to be a part of a brand new training and networking course for future company leaders. I am super excited to have this opportunity and am very much looking forward to meeting new faces in entertainment!

On the flip side, this means that I must hang my hat on Disney Star Wars Weekends for the season (and possibly for good). It's an unfortunate circumstance, but I absolutely cannot pass up the opportunity to be a part of this program. Star Wars Weekends has been, quite possibly, the most fun I have ever had at work. It has certainly changed my life for the better and forced me to realize a hidden talent that know one (not even myself) knew existed. And, in some strange way I will forever feel connected to the entire saga. It has been such a pleasure entertaining strangers and friends alike, the torch passes this weekend.

It's been quite a busy week as you can see. My family is visiting during the latter part of the upcoming week. So, a visit to the parks to check out everything new will certainly be on the agenda - pictures to follow. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods, take care everyone.

No comments: